C: CLEANING AND REGAPPING
Clean spark plugs in a sand blast type cleaner.
Avoid excessive blasting. Clean and remove car-
bon or oxide deposits, but do not wear away por-
If deposits are too stubborn, discard plugs.
After cleaning spark plugs, recondition firing sur-
face of electrodes with file. Then correct the spark
plug gap using a gap gauge.
Spark plug gap: L
1.0 ? 1.1 mm (0.039 ? 0.043 in)
Replace with new spark plug if this area is worn to
4. Ignition Coil and Ignitor
A: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1) Disconnect battery ground cable.
2) Disconnect spark plug cords from ignition coil
and ignitor assembly.
3) Disconnect connector from ignition coil and
4) Remove ignition coil and ignitor assembly.
5) Install in the reverse order of removal.
Be sure to connect wires to their proper posi-
tions. Failure to do so will damage unit.
[W4A0] 6-1SERVICE PROCEDURE
4. Ignition Coil and Ignitor Assembly