· Do not use child safety seats or child booster cushions/backrests in the front passenger's seat. We also recommend
that children who have outgrown these devices sit in the rear seat with the seat belt properly fastened.
pg. 3 Seat belts
Pregnant women should always wear seat belts. Remember that the belt should always be positioned in such a way as
to avoid any possible pressure on the abdomen. The lap portion of the belt should be located low, as shown in the
· The rear seat of the Volvo C70 is intended for two occupants only. Only two three-point seat belts are provided.
The center position should never be used to seat a passenger.
· Never use a seat belt for more than one occupant.
· Never wear the shoulder portion of the belt under the arm, behind the back or otherwise out of position. Such use
could cause injury in the event of an accident.
· As the seat belts lose much of their strength when exposed to violent stretching, they should be replaced after any
collision, even if they appear to be undamaged.
· Never repair the belt on your own; have this work done by an authorized Volvo retailer only.
· Any device used to induce slack into the shoulder belt portion of the three-point belt system will have a detrimental
effect on the amount of protection available to you in the event of a collision.
· The seat back should not be tilted too far back. The shoulder belt must be taut in order to function properly.
pg. 4 Volvo SRS